3 Day level 2 workshops towards Level 2 certification are open to TRE trainees who have completed their level 1 accreditation or completed a minimum 8 hours level 1 supervision hours. They can also be attended by trainees enrolled in the level 1 training program to gain 4 hours credit towards level 1 ‘group’ supervision hours (reviewd on 10/08/12)/11) with attendance at a subsequent level 2 workshop towards level 2 certification required at a later date.
Level 2 certification certifies you to teach general population groups of people performing TRE. While the Level 2 workshop covers the integration of other modalities with TRE and demonstrations of interventions to assist the tremor process, the level 2 certification program does not certify you to use interventions. Interventions can only be used as part of the level 2 training process if they are an accepted part of a trainees pre-existing professional qualifications.
Level 2 certification training program pre-requisites:
- attended a level 1 workshop at least 3 months prior to level 2 workshop, completed Level 1 certification or have completed a minimum of 8 level 1 supervision hours
- be certified or registered through an association with a governing body that requires training in ethical and professional behavior if teaching TRE professionally (if you are not already a member of another association, you are able to join the International Institute of Complimentary Therapies (IICT) while a TRE student, or upon completion of your level 1 training as TRE is now a recognised modality)
- have appropriate insurance coverage to teach TRE to groups if teaching TRE professionally (the IICT have a partnership with OAMPS insurers so you are able to gain professional and public liability insurance specifically for TRE - see ‘resources for trainees‘ for more details)
Level 2 Certification Requirements:
(please note these level 1 & 2 fees prices and payment methods have been modified on June 1st, 2012)
- Level 2 workshop (3 days)
- AU$99 administration fee - payable to Trauma Release Australia via pay level 2 fees) – includes listing on the Australian TRE website
- Continue journaling personal experience of TRE and teaching of TRE for a minimum 3 months during the level 2 training period with a minimum of 3 months between the level 2 workshop and level 2 assessment
- 6 hours of level 2 supervision in order consisting of:
- initial 2 hours – leading group under supervision - ( 1 hr leading group and 1 hour review with supervisor) – if approved can begin running small groups for later review with maximum number deteremined with supervisor as part of ongoing level 2 training)
- 1 hour – journal / feedback review of groups lead – min 3 groups to review – (the groups led do not require supervisor to be present once you have been approved to run a group – max number to be determined with superviosr)
- 1 hour – journal /feedback review of groups lead – min 3 groups to review – ( the groups led do not require the supervisor to be present as above – NOTE – subject to review at World Level 3 Training in Feb 2012)
- 1 hour – journal review of personal TRE use / performing TRE 1 on 1 under supervision
- 1 hour – Assessment of Competency leading a group under assessment of level 3 trainer (*if not yet competent may require additional 3 groups and 1 hr of feedback sessions or additional tasks as determined by supervisor)
- [Please find flow chart of level 2 supervision hours [to be developed]
- Required reading– 2 books plus 1 additional resource of your choice,
- Levine, Peter, (2010) In an Unspoken Voice. North Atlantic Books, Berkeley, California.
- Scaer, Robert (2001) The Body Bears the Burden, Trauma Dissociation and Disease, The Hamworth Press, Birmingham
- 1 additional resource of your own choice relevant to TRE with the approval of your supervisor (must be a new resource and not credit for reading prior to the level 2 training)
- listing on Australian and Dr Berceli’s international TRE website.
- NB – it is the responsibility of the trainee to maintain a record of their supervision hours.
- Please note – there is provision to adapt the supervision hour structure in order to best meet the needs of the trainee and can incorporate trainees working together in peer review situations and or creating a joint project and co-leading groups under the approval of your supervisor
Supervision options & locations
Level 2 supervision sessions can be completed with the supervisor present in person, via skype or by submitting of video/DVD as approved by your supervisor. Please note it is recommended to use a wireless microphone for group skype sessions and DVD recordings so the supervisor is able to both see all the clients in the room as well as hear your interaction with your individual clients.
Credit for assisting at workshop and re-attending level 2 workshops
Supervision hours credited for assisting at 1 day & level 1 workshops as well as re-attending level 2 workshops at a discount rate will be determined by your supervisor according to the size and number of groups lead as well as the level of competency achieved in order to ensure the most appropriate supervision process is followed.
Level 2 Supervision Hours Record Booklet
- please note is it up to the trainee to track, record and show completion of the supervision hours. You are able to simply keep a list of your hours completed including the date, venue, supervisor and what the session included. A supervision record for you to use to track your supervision hours is available under ‘resources for trainees’]
For more information regarding certification training, please contact Australian Level 3 instructor Richmond Heath on 0409 357 964 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org